Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gingersnap Creations Supply Challenge

The theme this month at Gingersnaps Creations is "Hot Beverages".  In connection with this theme the challenge at Gingersnaps this week is the  GC 86 Spicey Supply using coffee filters.  Below is a closeup and a full view of my project.  I dyed the coffee filters and cut them out with Spellbinders and placed them on a fan that I cut out with my Cricut machine. 


I did not adhere the round pieces of coffee filter down completely.  I only used glue in the middle of each circle.  This gave the background dimension and made in look more fluffy and delicate.  The pieces were placed randomly.

The main image of the girl with the book is by Rogue Redhead Designs.  I decided on a ghostly color for her as I felt putting her on white cardstock would have been too stark.  As you can tell by the label that the book is the key to the color of the things around her. t

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great idea, Vicki! I love your fan! I has such a soft and ethereal look!

    ReplyDelete