Monday, October 10, 2011

Two for One

I am doing a double-post today. Both of these card features a design from CS Designs

Where do you think those witches get their hair styled? Well at the Stylish Witches Salon of course. Above is a digital advertisement for the salon drawn by Chris Stern of CS Designs. The salon also does a little tatooing and after midnight or during the full moon you can get a discount. I may have to try this place out as my hair always looks like it has been caught in a web.

To create the card I did two types of webbing. Firstly the paper on the left has gold spray webbing with embossing powder sprinkled throughout. Then it was put through a crimper. The paper on the right has benn embossed with a web folder and highlighted in gold.. At the bottom of the card is a "ribbon" punched from printed paper. I finished the card with a flower made from newspaper which I thought was the perfect touch since that is where I probably would have found the advertisement.

My second card features Chris' Mask of Webs. I wanted her to pop on the card so I put her on a purple web background and placed only element in black around her. She is colored with Copic markers. The fence is from Martha Stewart. I have used this fence a number of times and it looks great in settings other than for Halloween. The tree is part of a diecut someone gave me.

I am entering these in Crafty Cardmakers'  and Make It Monday- Anything Goes.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic Vicki! Love the paper flower on your first card and the colours are great on the Mask of Webs design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright job! Love this image! the card is fantastic!!! I saw your card on ‘Make it Monday’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards- love the webbing techniques and the 'ad' with the newspaper flower- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Vicki.
    I like silhouette images and I do like this mask on web element to the card .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.

    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all. You are just so clever. Really like the pink and gold on the one with the great flower and the color combo for the Mask of Webs is totally fun. Great Job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your card at MIM. It's fantastic. I especially love the spider web. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous designs, very spooky! Thank you for playing at CRAFTY CARDMAKERS!XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, very original. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG... what fantastic cards...

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fabulous!
    Just LOVE that flower!!!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete