Sunday, January 29, 2012

Challenge #34 - "Birds of a Feather"

There are so many bird images around so everyone should enjoy this challenge.  Let's see what you might have--an eagle, owl, cardinal, blue bird or even a stork?  Don't forget you can have a flock of birds too!  You can use a stamp, a digital, or a one-of-a-kind bird that you create  yourself.  Also, if you don't like birds, you can use only feathers!  The list is endless so let's see what is in your storehouse of creativity.

In the meantime here are some projects from the Design Team.


Vicki
For this card I cut out two of the birds that Alpha Stamps has on a sheet of embossed birds.  I looked at them for a long time before I could decide how I wanted to use them.  I started with a card base and put two different designer papers on as a mat.  I also used sone paper lace I made with a Martha Stewart punch on the background mat.  I had this yellow flower for a while now, but had not used it so I thought this would be the perfect embellishment.  Now what to do with the birds.  I decided to make a nest for one of them with rafia paper.  Next I placed on bird on the nest and another flying in to her.  As a final touch I put the saying " A Chattering Bird Builds No Nest".  This was the perfect sentiment.  It too came from Alpha Stamps. 
I put up a couple of views this time as I wanted to show off my nest!  I am also entering this in Gingersnaps Creations' GC#132 "Soft Yellows and White" challenge.
  
Sharon
I've made my tag with great bird images from a Dezinaworld Collage Sheet. The background of the tag is 4 different coloured Distress Inks direct to the card. I've added some little stickers to make the sentiment and some fibres at the top to finish it off!
Cindy
"Time to Fly"
For this challenge I created a practical piece of art....a luggage tag!
I used a laminate sample as my base and protected the tag with acetate sheets. The back of the tag has all the important ID information. For more details and a picture of the back, click over to my blog.
Valerie
Hi everybody, Valerie here. I have made a tag with a mini tag on it, using images from Crafty Secrets, which has been decorated with pink ribbon, lace, roses, and a feather.
Petra
This is such a wonderful theme giving a feeling of spring. I made a card with My Minds Eye paper which made such a brilliant base. After layering the patterend papers I stamped the edges with Artemio stamps before positioning the printed feather image from the Graphics Fairy which I put into a wooden frame. The finishing touches are a die-cut stamp from Whiff of Joy and flowers from Prima Marketing.

Jenn
Jenn made an arch using an image from A Day for Daisies, sentiment is a digi image from CS Designs.
Michele
My collage card features various designer papers, borders and stickers.  I am a huge lover of our sponsor Alpha Stamps and own many delicious images from the company but when it came time to do this project I realized I didn't have any bird images.  I'll have a great bird project featuring an Alpha Stamp image next week.  For this week the lovely peacock postage stamp comes from Stamp Zia.  Birds are wonderful creatures and are great fun to create with. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!
My challenge is being sponsored the next two weeks by Alpha Stamps.  They have a wide assortment of collage supplies beginning with beautiful cardstock to detailed images and wonderful one-of-a-kind embellishments.  If you want something special to use in your artwork, I am sure you will find it in their online store.    Thank you Alpha Stamps for your sponsorship and they have offered a wonderful group of items for the winner which will be chosen by random generator.  Whether you are a beginner or an advance crafter you have a chance to be my next winner!

5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful samples ladies and thanks for a great challenge Vicki. A favourite theme of mine.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I love your card. The nest is so creatively done. The yellow flower looks lovely and so does everything else.
    Hugs,
    Monica
    PS: Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous projects. Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Vicki! I'm not sure if my tiny book is okay--can't tell when the challenge started--but it is PERFECT for this challenge, so even if you have to delete it, I hope you'll stop by and see!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects from everyone and love the challenge theme. Thanks Vicki for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete