Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Recycling

I did not receive anything for Valentine's Day, but afterwards I bought a Valentine decorated orchid plant for $2.00 that had been put on sale. It was wrapped in this red cellophane. I made a skirt for Pile a CS Design image so she is now wearing an evening dress. The silver behind the sentiment is the foil that was inside the can of mixed nuts that I purchased for myself the same day. It is the seal that keeps the nuts fresh.  The sentiment and checkered background are also from CS Designs.  I randomly put some brads in the checkered background to give it a little color.

I made this a s inspiration for Art with No Boundaries' recycle challenge and I am also entering this at One Stich at a Time's Digi challenge.

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for her skirt - fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! Vicki, I just love the dress you created for Plié, it simply fabulous and so fashionable. I love the color and the see through effect. She looks like such a Fashion Diva. Great idea for recycling.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic recycling Vicki, the card looks great! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just great Vicki - love how you recycled the cellophane to make a skirt for Plie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card and I love the recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool card..love how you used the red cellophane...i use stuff like that sometimes around the house...love it

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love that gal and she has the best little dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i love that skirt! next year i'll be sending you a valentine! xo

    ReplyDelete