Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another Christmas Greeting

I mentioned in my previous post that I was posting a series of Christmas cards for my visitors and followers.  This is the second one.

This one is being entered in Cheery Lynn Designs' challenge "Happy Holidays".  When I think of that phrase,  I immediately think of the commercial aspect of Christmas.  However, this card was created for "Happy Holidays" as we all should be happy for the real reason for the season.  And the holidays is a time of celebration.  So let's celebrate the birth of Christ.

This is a 6 x 6 card. I am beginning to enjoy making these square cards as they give you a little more space to work on.   I first embossed the background of the card with snowflakes by using an embossing folder.  Next I cut a Cheery Lynn Mexican Tile and Doilly diecut  On the circle made with a Spellbinders die I placed my Nativity image from Stampin' Up,  In the corner I decided to use black for my Cheery Lynn flourish to enhance the black in the image.  I adjusted the flourish a little to fit the area I had.  For just a touch of glitz I put a very small flower out of glitter cardstock on the flourish.  The flower  was made with one of the embellishment dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and the mexican tile is beautifully used!
    Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week!
    Good luck!
    Love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious card, I so love the nativity scene..... beautiful use of dies. Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete