Thursday, January 24, 2013

Art Journal - Page One


 I thought I would get brave and try my hand a am art journal.  I finished my first page t his week on a piece of watercolor paper.  This was so much fun and liberating.  This piece was purely experimental, but I hope you like.    It was so much fun to do.
First I completely covered my watercolor paper with watercolors.  I had no pattern in mind.  I just put them on to covered all the white of the paper.
Next I airburshed the surface with Copic markers.
 
Next I stamped a doll parts stamp by Paula Best.  It was not very large so I stamped all the parts on a piece of paper, scanned and printed it out on my printer after increasing the size.  I have no idea how large I increased the pieces as they were all on one sheet.  Afterwards, I glued them on.  I wanted her to hold something in her hand.  I did not have any pictures as all my magazines have been thrown away (just when I needed them!) so I went to the web and found a nice pic of an apple and enlarged it to fit her hand.  The head on the doll is a picture of me and on top of it I place one of the heads from the stamp.
I was thrilled that the head fit my face perfectly.  If you look closely you will see that the eyes and lip fit together.
 
This was so much fun to make; I think I will try again.

11 comments:

  1. How fun- I love the Art Journaling too! Love the colors and the visuals you provided. Great how your face matched up to the one you added on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to art journaling, it can be soooo adictive!!! Love the colors you chose and the cute way you got your picture in there, made me smile. I take my art journal and my Zentangle journal on every trip, since I can't haul all my stash!! My journlas and some pens is all I need to feed my addiction until I'm home again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I am not laughing at your first attempt at AJ, but actually very impressed! Love the colors and how cool with the faces! I hope to start one soon and it will be a first for me! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki this is awesome! great first attempt. love the way you stamped the doll part partially over your face! very cool. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki this is great - love the colours and images!! I've just started to try journalling as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this page is a fantastic start for your art journaling journey! Colours are beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing more pages emerging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great your art journal Vicki. It is so fine to do.Beautiful combination too.
    lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun page, Vicki! Love your bright background and the way you worked with that Paula Best stamp and your own face... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with your first journal page, Vicki!!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a funny page, love the vibrant colors too.Great idea with the face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki - this is amazing - a wonderful art journal page - nice job!

    ReplyDelete