Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stencil Challenge Continues!

We love seeing your stenciled creations and you have one more week to link your creation for this challenge. Our challenge sponsor is Stencilgirl Products.  Here are some creations from the design team to inspire you to join.
Vicki
This time I decided to make an art journal page using a number of stencils on my Gelli Plate.  I really like the way this turned out. 


Hazel
Background created by first dabbing scrunched paper on to acrylic paint on a gelli plate creating a mottled effect, then using two Clarity Stamp stencils to finish the background with different colours of acrylic. Stamps were inked with stazon black - the collage at the bottom is a Paper Artsy stamp, other stamps are My Mind's Eye.


Michele
A long time ago I got this "Day of the Dead" stencil.  Since we have our stencil challenge so close to November I decided to make my second piece with this stencil.  There is also a flower stencil in the background.  I had a lot of fun working with mixed media to make this creation is to honor those who have passed on.  Whatever theme you choose, I hope you will join our stencil challenge!


Krisha
I started with a postcard size of water color paper then water colors for this base of this, with black and white pens making the frame.  I used the stencil and distressed ink for the image and a sentiment from Inkadinkado. "Hello Fall!"


Barbara
I have had a couple of firsts doing this tag, I have never done a background with my distress inks and a spray bottle and I have never used a stencil. I didn't have any stencils I did go out and purchase one just to have one for the challenge, I worked with it for most of the afternoon and didn't like anything I did with it so I got out my Tim Holtz Flourishes sizzix die and  cut it out of a piece of a spellbinders plastic that I saved from one of the sets of dies. The flourish has a small and large one, I used the small on this one, twice with Silks acrylic glaze, Solar gold. I am going to have to practice with my larger stencil as I think I will be very nice when finished...practice makes perfect (or something close)Check out my blog for a close up of one of the flourishes.


Petra
I absolutely love this stencil, it is so versatile for creating backgrounds. It is an inky background and all background is misted with Perfect Pearls. The frame is cut with label dies, the boot stamped. Both are coloured with a mix of Copics and distress inks and covered with glossy accents and a little bit of sparkly stickles for the boot.

Please join us!

1 comment:

  1. Great stencil and gelli work here! Thanks for sharing with the party!

    ReplyDelete