Monday, January 13, 2014

Second Week of Ribbon Challenge

We are beginning the second week of "Use Some Ribbon"  We have had some great entries so far.  The Design Team is hoping to see more entries, so take a little time and create something using ribbon.  To use the shortcut to the challenge, click on the link on the top of my sidebar.
Vicki
I made a romantic card this time.  I used a flowery designer paper for my background and a pale blue piece as a mat for the Lunagirl image.    The ribbon this time was accented with a doily-shaped piece of cardstock cut with a Cricut.  The pink flowers make the flowers in the designer paper pop.  Love is in the air as it will soon be Valentine's Day.
Krisha
My tag was treated with Gesso then spritzed with inks.  I used a stamp image that came free with a magazine, they are called Pettit Prints. I used a Recollections pen on the can and gel pens on the flowers.  The sentiment is from different alphabet stamps I have.  I finger pleated the ribbon down the side and tie the tag with the same matching ribbon.

Michele
I've been making ATCs for Valentine's Day and decided to share this one since I bordered the ATC with ribbon.  The red ATC base is covered with designer paper, which is covered by heart-designed vellum and then i added my images and embellishments.  The little girl and the bingo board are by Gecko Galz.

Petra
This week I used ribbon purely as embellishment on my card. The base is a white slightly textured card layered with old German book text. I added an old postale tag, some washi tape and a stamped postale image. The image is lightly coloured with chalks.
 Barbara
This week I used a "freebie" image from Bugaboo and I wanted to get a jump start on my Christmas/Winter cards for this year. I thought this image was so cute, On Thursday I picked up some Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, yes the hold-out has caved. This was my first attempt at using them and they really work nice. The sponsor for this challenge is Sweet  Stamp Shop and the challenge is to use some ribbon on your project.  I used white ribbon from Stampin'up and a snowflake ribbon brad, I have had the package for over a year and finally broke it open, The ovals are cut with Nellie Snellen oval dies.

Hazel
I made the top part of this card and showed it here on 30 August, but I wanted to make it a bit more special for our granddaughter's birthday and add a sentiment just for her, so I used it to create a twisted easel card, using some toning patterned paper, ribbon, glittered strip and gem strip with a prima flower as a 'stopper'.

No comments:

Post a Comment