Sunday, March 2, 2014

Challenge #81-"Anything Goes"

Everyone seems to like it when the challenge is "Anything Goes".  So what is the theme for this?  Well, it means you can enter anything you desire...an ATC, card, canvass, drawing, painting....you've got the idea.  I like to have this every once in a while so the Design Team can spread their wings and create what they like.
Vicki
I had loads of fun working with this card.  I took six of the Gecko Galz images and combined them.  First I took the sheet of mannequins and then cut the heads off the three women images, cut around them and placed them on top of the mannequins.  They are placed on a flowered piece of designer paper.  After finishing the card, I wish I had decided to make a canvass.  I think I will probably do that in the near future.  This is a very plain, but fun card for someone who needs a smile.
 
Michele
I had fun making this card with several images from various collage sheets by our sponsor Gecko Galz.  The stamped sentiment is from Silver Crow Creations.  "Anything Goes" is the best kind of challenge, link up whatever you are working on for the chance to shop at our sponsor's online store
Karla B
Hello everyone! How are you today? Hope you are doing good. Well,  Anything goes is the kind of challenge we really feel free so everything is possible. I combined two different patterned papers and a lovely image from our sponsor Gecko Galz. I also added a French Valencienne lace. The sentiment is adorned by three different flowers. Why “Inspire”? Because I do think we – women - will always be a source of inspiration in art, in poetry, in life. I am eager to see what inspires you too!
Barbara
I used a free March image from our sponsor Gecko Galz, The background is also a March Freebie. the spellbinders die I used is Fancy labels 8 and the pink lace is from a yardsale (score) I just added some stickles to the flowers and butterflies. and a couple of rhinestones.
Hazel
I was so impressed with the images of our sponsor, Gecko Galz, that I couldn't resist buying some. I initially found the script background that was a freebie, but, when I looked further on the Etsy site, I found a wonderful 'sew and sew collage sheet' from which I used the picture on the right and also a 'retro style collage sheet' from which I took the pattern picture at the top. I changed all the images digitally to black, grey and white, printed out and matted on to a black card blank and added three pearl rosettes from Poundland.
 
 
 
A very special thank you goes to Gecko Galz who at the last moment  agreed to sponsor my challenge when another company backed out.   Please visit their site and choose a couple of their images.  They are very inexpensive and you will have fun with them.
 
Also Gecko Galz is in the process of planning a retreat.  Take time to read about it as you may be interested in attending if you are in their area.  You have to hurry though as there are only a few spots left.
 

4 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the images, Vicki and all the other design team creations are lovely - such an inspirational variety x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pieces from all the DT! They are so different but all bring a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful samples from the DT. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete