Friday, June 5, 2015

Challenge #113-"Travel to Faraway Places"

I hope everyone enjoys the theme this time.  Since it is summer and people are making plans for trips, I thought it would be fun to dream of a faraway place.  Here is how the Design Team interpreted the theme.
Vicki
I have always dreamed of going to Paris so my collage card is made from four Lunagirl travel images
Michele
My creation is a memory of a romantic Parisian adventure using college sheets from Lunagirl and an "Arch Top Reliquary Shrine" from Alpha Stamps.  The shrine is 2 chipboard pieces, a base and the arch cover.  I created a collage using three images from Lunagirl collage sheets and some washi tape and adhered them to the base.  I painted the arch cover with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Stains in "Opal Sea Oats" and when that was dry I glued it to the base.  Sadly the scan does not show the shimmery-ness of the starburst stain.  After that I simply added a prima flower.
Vee
For week One I made a side stepper card using images from Lunagirl's Paris 2 collage sheet, Spellbinder dies, Britannia Alphabet Die and metel embellishments.
 
Karla
For week 1 of Travelling to Distant Places, I first made a digital composition using various images from our sponsor Lunagirl Moonbeams. They are the lovely vintage images from France which I framed. Then I lay them on an agenda (Ellen de Mai) and I added a sentiment found on the internet. After that I printed them. The cute mouse and the badge (KD Designs) were added later as well as the green ribbon and the button. I like the visual effect my card evokes. Hope you join our challenge. Have an inspiring weekend!
 
 Barbara
For week 1 of the Far away places challenge I used the Memories of Paris sheet. The background is French ScriptI distressed the edges with TH linen distress ink the pictures were distressed with orange marmelade and linen distress inks. The small Eifel tower picture is placed on a white base edged with fiskers stamp scissors and elevated. The word Paris is from the title of the collection


Hazel
For week one of the Far away places challenge I used part of the Memories of Paris digital collage sheet kindly given to us by Lunagirl, changing the colour to sepia to tone with the Paris Nights papers by g.c.d studios. Ribbon are Papermania, flowers Craftime and the spacers in the centre of the flowers are Prima.

http://www.lunagirlmoonbeams.com/

Click on the badge above and go directly to the Lunagirl site and see all the wonderful images there.  I am sure there is something you can use.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely design team samples. I would love to visit Paris some day.....Thanks for the "travel" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki! I just hopped over from Karen's blog to yours and just became a follower. Love this challenge and I love all of the gorgeous creations from the DT and the challenge participants! I'll work on something this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here, only recently found you, thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and a great challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete